Friday, November 9, 2012

The Real Slim Shady


Eminem was born October 17, 1972. For almost all of his life, Eminem lived with his single, drug stricken mother.  As a child Eminem and his mother did not uphold a stable home, they often moved around until they found a home on 8 mile, Detroit.

8 mile is one of the nastiest parts in Detroit, especially for a single mom and a young boy.  And then the neighborhood was terribly poverty stricken, run by gang members, and ran ramped with crime.

Considering the circumstances what Eminem was getting into was not a surprise.  Drugs, drinking, and criminal activity surrounded him.  As a single mother, Deborah, gave into the same kind of peer pressure as Eminem, she had a weakness for drugs.

Growing up Eminem was poor, and never had what we take for granted. Unlike his mother, Eminem can provide for his daughter. After all of his great successes, h e can now move away from 8 mile.

Eminem has been told that he cannot be a rapper, because of his skin color. The rapping is very racial activity and people do not like to accept the that he is different. They are being completely racist, even though they sing about how being racist is bad. Eminem is also a huge anti-bully advocate. He was bullied when he was younger, especially because of his skin color.

Her is a quote that I find true and I think it shows a lot about him " when you're a little kid you don't see color, and the fact that my friends were black never crossed my mind. It wasn't until I was a teenager and started to rap." It's not the rap part, but its the skin color shouldn't be a difference is spay at I see in Eminem.

In my blog you should expect to learn about Eminem, where he is from, and also what makes him my favorite rapper.  And also why he deserves more credit for what he does than what he gets.  You'll learn a lot of what made him want to rap when he was a child, and how badly he was really treated.  Plus I'll explain on how he rose to fame, and who got him there. This is my blog on Eminem.  I hope you enjoy.


Photo credit of http://www.flickr.com/photos/nicolee123nd/4929852957/sizes/m/in/photostream/

1 comment: