Friday, December 7, 2012

To play, or Not to Play


I'd like to bring radio censorship to your attention.  This is somewhat of a big controversy, because some people think that the radio is not censoring enough, but at the same people are complaining that the radio censors too much.  This censorship really hurts Eminems ratings because he says some words that people would not like to hear on the radio, and people try to convince that they should just change some of the words.

In my first source that I have this person is arguing that the radio is arguing that the radio is way to protective.  He says that when they bleep out, or change words that kids will take it upon theirselves to search up the words, or lyrics on YouTube or any other site that will show them, so he is saying that they might as well play them, or kids could fill them in with their own imagination.

The next source is explaining why it is completely legal to play the full lyrics.  The source has said that it is the radio station that chooses to not play certain words or phrases.  The first amendment protects us from the government taking away our free speech, which means that the government itself cannot tell the radio to play, and what not to play.

Both of these sources believe that the radio stations should not bleep out words.  At the very least they would like stations tho change them to a word that is not so bad. These two sources though just have two very different ways of saying that. One source is taking the legal approach, while the other one is stating of how it may be better for children.

These two sources agree on on the playing the real version, like I said.  I think that stations should play what they think is appropriate.

My opinion on this topic however is keeping the stations the same, I liked listening to good music, and if I want to listen to the original version then I can download it into my phone, or my iPod even.  Thank you for your time.

1st source: http://cornellsun.com/node/46744

2nd source: http://www.nku.edu/~issues/music_censorship/laws.htm

To see picture please go to
 http://www.flickr.com/photos/hpwphotography/8094643666/

No comments:

Post a Comment